Sunday, December 12, 2010

christmasful 2010.

It's the most wonderful time of the year!! Boy, oh boy, do I love the Christmas season! If ya don't know this about me well then ya must be living under a rock! All the wonderful Christmas cheer, lovely Christmas lights, awesome Christmas smells, yummy Christmas drinks! It's definitely sensory overload for a full month, but I absolutely looooove it!




So to kick off the christmasful season in style, Jocelyn and I trekked out to the Cambridge mall at the verrrrrry end of the Green T line on Friday afternoon. We grabbed a few necessary Christmas gifts for our loved ones, drank Starbucks GBLs and soaked in all of the warm and fuzzy Christmas joy floating around us. The mall was tackily/perfectly decorated with oversized Christmas ornaments and we even got a glance at Santa (I'm surprised he's still doing photo ops so close to his big day!). We also wandered around Faneuil Hall for a bit, grabbed some more prezzies and called it a successful christmasful afternoon! But little did we know--the christmasfulness hardly ended there! When we got home there was a precious three-foot Christmas tree waiting from my Daddio! He's so great!! We trimmed it with a few critical christmasful items (aka color-twinkle lights, an aluminum foil star + paper snowflakes) and ghetto-rigged it to stand up straight since we don't have a tree stand. It looks so darn cute in the corner of our kitchen/living room and it smells christmasfully awesoooooome!

I went into NYC on Saturday to experience more christmasfulness with Haley. I've always heard the city is spectacular this time of year and it was absolutely bedazzling! There were people EVERYWHERE! You could hardly put your arm out without touching someone else and walking down the sidewalk felt similar to what I imagine cattle feel like when they shuffle in a herd. All the children we saw were adorable dressed up in their best and there were wannabe Santa's everywhere we turned. The Christmas decorations were stunning and all of the store-front window displays were so so so creative and fun! I'll do my best to remember it all, but here's a little of what we did....

 ..... saw the beautifully decorated Macy's (it's known as the holiday store!)


 ..... saw the NY Public Library + St. Patrick's Cathedral in all their christmasfulness!


  ..... saw Rockefeller Center (take one!)


 ..... to be in a show or shop till we drop? Decisions, decisions.....


 ..... more Rockefeller fun!

 ..... 30 Rock!

 ..... beautiful Swarovski crystals! I hunted long and hard (to no avail) for a crystal bumble bee for Gayle :(

 ..... and the best window display (albeit not necessarily christmasful) goes to Anthropologie! Love. 
 




 ..... saw some of my best friends from NBC :) Tina Fey, Seth Meyers + Lauren Graham send you their best!

 ..... saw a dazzling light + music show at Columbus Center, as well as enjoyed a lovely dinner of smoked salmon and grilled cheese at Bouchon Bakery (founded by a chef from Haley's school)  

 ..... wandered back to Rockefeller and got serenaded by carrollers galore!


























































































I got home around 3:30 a.m. to a remarkably warm Boston and crashed until today...when I'd experience even more christmasfulness! Unbelievable, right??

Jocelyn and I slaved away in the kitchen this afternoon making green bean casserole, pigs-in-a-blanket and deviled eggs for the first Comfort+Joy HComm Christmas party. We all gathered together at Liz's apartment for a lot of eating, a ton of chatting, a smidge of gossiping (oops) and a heaping of christmasfulness! We even threw in a bit of YouTube watching for good measure (go check out a new video made by students at my school here)! It was definitely a wonderful christmasful time and a fabulous weekend to kick-off the 2010 Christmas season.

say christmasful!
katy

1 comment:

Allison said...

Well, with my coffee at work I decided to get caught up on the Adventures of Katy. Well I scrolled down to see where I needed to start, I caught "slaved" on the line above "eggs" and mis-read it as 'shaved legs' and thought "wow! Katy's getting very detailed now"!! NYC at Christmas...I'm drooling with envy, girl! Oh, and I do love your tree...what a nice surprise! love, Allison