Sunday, May 22, 2011

songs of the southland.

....ummmm yea.....pretty much did this the whole weekend.....

If you're a lover of all-things Southern, you will LOVE this book! I could hear the voice of my home on every page. There's love, there's hate, sweet and scary moments, and (my favorite) some hilarious one-liners! I know I'm ten years behind, what with school and all, but go read this NOW if ya haven't already!!

.......and now I wanna write one of my own! DRAT! So much to do, so little time!!

katy c.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read this book several months ago and highly recommend it. Bobbie

Anonymous said...

Loved this book....sadly, i remember some of the attitudes reflected in this book and its amazing to think that this stuff happened so recently in our history...and i am sure stll goes on in too many parts of our country...i dont think predjudice and ignorance is solely the burden of the south.... But i loved the spirit of the characters... Hope the movie does it justice.....flo

Allison said...

I, too, loved this book! and I remember those attitudes too well. Wonderful book.

Carol Capers said...

and I have been trying to get her to read it for a year now as I just knew she would love the "way you could hear them talk" with the dialect. Great book.