Wednesday, March 16, 2011

23 + filled with glee!!

I'm old. My own brother warned me today that I 1) should be married and have a job by now, 2) should be careful when taking a shower because now I'm more prone to falling out and breaking a hip and 3) that he would send me some tennis balls to put on the legs of my old-lady walker. Oooooh Weeyam, ya turn a girl's head :)


I had a fabulous birthday even if it does mean I'm old--thank ya very much! The first people to wish me a happy birthday were delivery men, bringing me an Edible Arrangement (yummmm! Thank you, Daddy!) and presents from my best friends (YAY! Thank you Mommy, Weiser, HayReh, and Larry!). I had to take an Epi/Bio test on my bday (boo!), but I was surprised with a Starbucks coffee, birthday pop, and Panera soup to get me in the test-takin' spirit (thank you Joc, Joanna, and Mary!!). After we rocked the test, my classmates and I went to a local joint, Jacob Wirth's, for bday festivities! It was WONDERFUL to have nearly everyone there :) Warmed my heart, it did!! After that--yes, I know, hard to believe there's more--a few of us went to another local spot, An Tua Nua, for karaokeing!! Joc, Emily, Susan, Kristen, Liz + Jackie were such good sports and they even made a mosh pit for me as I serenaded them with Dixie Chic's "Let 'Er Rip." (When my song was complete, the DJ promptly asked me where I was from, and when I told him he replied, "Oh yea. We can tell." I know he totally loved my twang!)
Ya know it's a great day when your phone dies because of too many phone calls, texts and Facebook notifications :) Thanks to everyone who made it so so special! Love y'all dearly!! A fabulous birthday, indeed!!

say cheese,
katy c.

No comments: