Friday, March 4, 2011

this week's obsessions...

Suede Artisan Shortie Cowgirl Boots from Clarks --
The Boston sidewalks are drying up (hooray!) so I'm not relegated to snow-friendly footwear everyday....

I may or may not have worn these four times over a five-day span....
The Cape Cod Chicken Salad Wrap + Diet Coke Combo at Tufts --
Complete with pickles, dried cranberries, and red-pepper relish, this pair is the perfect brain food to get me through my four-hour Epidemiology/Biostatistics class on Wednesday nights. Yummmmm!


A Free Viewing of The King's Speech at Emerson --
Susan, Jocelyn and I enjoyed the Oscar-winning movie on Thursday night....for free!
Though we didn't have popcorn (drat!), we were all surprisingly not bored and rather enjoyed it all--those film folks got it right for once!


Japanese Cherry Blossom Candle from Bath&BodyWorks -- 
Remember that one time steam destroyed my living room?
Well, steamed wood + drywall doesn't have the most pleasant scent, 

so Joc and I have been trying to cover it up all week with some smell goods!


Adele's 21 Album --
Oh. My. Gosh. I can't stop listening to this CD! In a musical world currently obsessed with auto tunning, this album is absolutely refreshing and shows off the incredible range/artistry of Adele. It's heartbreaking but beautiful and I love it! If I had to choose, I'd say "One and Only," "Someone Like You," and "I Found a Boy" are my faves! Take a listen :)



say cheese,
katy




1 comment:

Mom Capers said...

The boots are way cool..but certainly do not look "walking friendly" with that heel. Be good to your feet...and spread the designer look further apart! THe wrap looks dynomite..minus the soda pop..ick. But I guess I understand the need for brain food. Still waiting to see the King's Speech..but it is William's 21st birthday weekend..so he gets to pick the movie. And last but not least..never heard of Adele..but I do enjoy inspiring music! And I hope the apartment and smells gets corrected sooner than later. Like I said..you gotta bake choc chip cookies for the "super". Spoil him rotten! Love you, mom