Friday, March 18, 2011

a slice of home!

Philip, one of my sweetest and first friends 
from UGA, and I in front of the Old North Church!
Some of my fabulous friends from UGA were up to visit Boston this week on a Wesley mission trip. I only knew three of them prior to their arriving, but the group turned out to be absolutely wonderful! Such sweet, southern people with huge hearts for Jesus -- my favorite kind of folk!

We explored the North End today (Boston's "Little Italy") by visiting Paul Revere's house + statue, the Old North Church (where the lanterns were hung for "one if by land, two if by sea"), the Spite House (uncontested skinniest house in Boston, built by one brother to block the other's view because he gipped him out of his fair share of land) and the Copp's Hill cemetery (it's just old). 

I was then treated to dinner by the group with homemade lasagna (thank you, Philip's gma!) out in Watertown, MA. They were staying with a group of three couples in the most gorgeous home I've yet to see in Mass. and we all shared a wonderful evening of fellowship eating pecan pie and sharing the usual "I once killed my pet" stories. All you need to know is that one of the young men in the group once saved a moose calf from death in a rushing river in Alaska. Literally. 

Great time with great (Southern) friends!
katy c. 

No comments: