Wednesday, November 24, 2010

georgia, by way of boston...

Another fabulous day today with my Pops!

He and I got the day started with a walk to the grocery store to pick up the necessities for the required Thanksgiving Day quiche. When I was at the store a few days ago, I searched their bakery and frozen foods section for one that was already prepared but came up empty-handed...when I asked a clerk if they sold them, he responded with, "What's a quiche??" So either they don't eat them here, they don't eat them enough here for most people to know what they are, or I was totally looking in the wrong sections.  Anyway, now we've got the fixin's for a tasty breakfast while we watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!!! <<Definitely my favorite part of the holiday :)

Then I put him to work hanging light bulbs in nearly every room in fixtures that I couldn't even reach standing on a chair, caulking a little sliver of a living room window pane, WD-40'ing, and shaving down part of our front door because it HAD a horrible tendency to stick! I got my Daddy-Do List totally checked off, and I didn't really even have to ask :) He's awesome!

Around 5 o'clock we headed back out to explore! We started at North Station (near the Celtics/Bruins Garden Arena) and made our way toward the part of the harbor we saw yesterday....only....we were freezing!! So we stopped in at the Waterfront Bar and Grille for an antipasti. Then we wrapped back up, headed back out, and walked over to the harbor to see the boats again....and we were freezing...so we went to the Ruth's Chris Steak House in the Old City Hall (beautiful!) for a drink. Then we wrapped back up again and walked toward Emerson so he could see some of the school buildings and my stomping ground....only, we were freezing...so we stopped in to an Emerson-favorite, Sweetwater Tavern, for supper. It was a progressive dinner of sorts tonight through a pretty big chunk of the city! Very fun and totally unplanned, which made it even more fabulous!

Daddy was wearing a UGA jacket this whole time and I can't tell you how many people exclaimed, "Georgia!" at us! People on the street, people in the restaurants, people in the bars, people in the grocery store! We chatted with them about grits and Herschel Walker and sweet tea! Apparently, I need to rep my Georgia stuff even more up here, because I might just make a few extra friends that way!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!! I'm thankful for each and every one of you :)

say cheese (it's an ingredient in quiche),
katy

No comments: