Tuesday, November 23, 2010

my daddio is here and i am happy :)

Daddy got here around 10 o'clock this morning, welcomed by a cloudy Boston and a joyous Katy!!

We dropped his stuff at my apartment and walked up Harvard Avenue to Coolidge Corner. We went to Zaftigs where he enjoyed a hugenormous (and probably illegal in some states) New Yorker sandwich and I  had my first falafel with veggies + yogurt sauce.

After a quick moment of refreshment, we were on our way again for me to show off my city!! We took the T in to the Arlington stop near downtown, and I showed him the public gardens and the Common (of course, what else did you expect?? Basically, if you come visit me, I can guarantee that I will take you there, too, because it's just gorgeous settled into the middle of the city!). We stopped for a drink at Bull + Finch's bar at the Cheer's restaurant, and continued moseying through the city to Faneuil Hall.

It's kind of a ghost-town around here right now because everyone's gone for the holiday (and there are fewer tourists here, too) so it was a little strange to see one of the most popular spots so quiet! But we didn't have to fight for a spot in front of the HUGE Christmas tree that they've put up, which was nice. I LOVE all the holiday cheer, so I'm pumped that all the decorations are finally getting turned on around the city. We walked over to the harbor next because I'd heard that there had been a big Christmas-light ceremony the day before where all the boats show off their decorations....but I guess everyone had already gone home because there was only one little fella left in the whole place with any sort of light on. Boo :(

As we were in the North End, I thought it necessary that I show off some of the best Italian food in the country to my Daddio! We went to Cafe Pompeii to split a pepperoni + mushroom pizza and then we walked over to the world famous Mike's Pastry for my first cannoli! Daddy got a ricotta pistachio and I got a chocolate-mousse! WOWZA! So delicious! It's probably bad that I've now discovered my love for them...

We came back to the apartment after that to eat our cannolis and watch Glee (he'd never seen it and his response was HILARIOUS....oh, the things you'll do for your daughter).

It was a wonderful first day, but I'm a little sad that it's over because that means I've only got two left :(

say cheese,
katy

No comments: