Friday, February 4, 2011

best thing EVER.

My new PCP just told me today about a beyond fabulous Web site called Calorie Counter. I don't know exactly why, but I assumed that all those wonderfully helpful sites would all cost money so I never really explored any of them on my own. Calorie Counter, however, is completely free...and we know how much I love that!!

You can set goals like "I want to lose xx lbs. by xx date," "I only want to consume xx calories per day," or "I want to increase my Vitamin C intake by xx." You just log what food/drinks you consume in a day and it calculates what you're getting too much of and/or what you should incorporate more often. You can just type "Diet Coke" or "romaine lettuce" and it already knows all the nutritional info! Otherwise, you can enter in your own nutrinfo and assist future calorie counters who may partake of the same item later. I love it! But it even goes further than that! Say you're low on calcium intake, it'll show you an article about what calcium is and why it's important, by what percent you're missing your daily value, what foods are high in calcium, and fun new recipes to try out to increase your calcium levels. It even lets you log exercise/activity!

I'm totally in love. I feel like a total cotton-headed ninny-muggins for not realizing that there are free tools out there that are just as equipped to help out as the ones that this grad student can't afford. And bonus: there's even a Blackberry app! Totes in love.

say cheese (but not too much or it'll yell at you),
katy

No comments: