Thursday, February 10, 2011

birds of a feather.

Emily and I went to the b-e-a-uuutiful Boston Public Library today to get a smidge of work done on this blistering cold, but lovely, day! We both agreed that it was our new favorite study spot, as it a) looks like the quintessential library in movies like "The Prince and Me" and shows like "Dawson's Creek," b) it was super quiet (which, as every good studier knows, can actually be distracting) but the architecture and gorgeous decor of the room was the perfect diversion when our little brains needed a break, and c) it's free! Ya don't have to buy a coffee, pay for internet, or even have a library card! Fabulousssss!

"while beiber is amazing,
sometimes you need a little
more substance."
I also received a wonderful surprise package today from my lovely friend Anna Kerr who is doing Teach for America alllll the way over in Texas. How she has time to wrangle 20 4-year-olds and make me a CD is beyond me....but I'm appreciative! She has always been my weird music friend...you know what I'm talking about, right? C'mon, everyone's got one! Ya know, you get in their car and their listening to something you've never heard of but kinda like and you ask, "Who's this?" and they so nonchalantly respond, "Soandso." (Which would be an awesome band name, by the way!) Well, she's that friend for me who is constantly introducing me to knew types of music and artists so that my brain won't turn to moosh because of my tendency to adore junk like that of Ke$ha and J.Biebs.... So now I'm totally in love with a group called The Civil Wars..."Falling" and "Birds of a Feather" are the besttttt!! Try 'em out!!

say cheese,
katy

PS--This is my shameful plug to say....hey...ya know....I love hearing new, different music....so if you send me some....I'll say thanks on my blog....I'm embarrassed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read you everyday and am amazed that you find so many wonderful ways to enjoy your new world. The weather I do not want to experience but all the things you are learning sound great. Happy Valentine! Love, Bobbie

Anonymous said...

love it --AK