Wednesday, February 16, 2011

on air!

susan: our fearless leader!
I was on the radio today!

That's right, I'm now officially just like Roz from "Frasier." So exciting!!

Emerson's health comm professional development group--Health Connections--is sponsoring a new talk radio show all about, you guessed it, health! The show is called HealthBent! and it will be manned by many names you've heard me chat about before: Susan, Jocelyn, Emily and Anna! Oh, and me, too!

me, anna and emily right before the big debut!
We had our first show today and it was a blast! Inspired by Valentine's Day, today's topic was "Your Heart, Sex, and Chocolate." We chatted, joked and informed about heart health, healthy fun exercise options in Boston, what types of foods we think are sexy (mine: Hershey's dark chocolate with pomegranate seeds!), and the many wonderful joys of chocolate! And, somehow, Nutella worked it's way in as a subtopic, too?? We hoped to have made our audience laugh, feel more comfortable with taking control of their own health and a little more learned on matters of the heart!

We'll be on every Wednesday from 2:45-3:45 if you wanna take a listen! Simply go to etin.emerson.edu (no www's!) and click on the "Live Streaming" link. We think there may have been all of about five people listening to us today (ahem...our moms...), but I'm thinking that with the huge fan base I've got here on the ole blog, I should be able to get it up to at least ten or eleven?? Right??  :)

say cheese,
katy

3 comments:

Auntie A. said...

How COOL is that?! I will tune in next week!!

Mary Helen said...

I wish I could listen, but that's in the last hour of school!! booo!!!

Mitchell said...

You do know that video killed the radio star, don't you?
And your new security settings worked as I can now post a comment (I knew the settings were wrong last year ... but you just didn't wanna listen, did you).
Now I can post all my caddy comments direct!!
...Mitchell