Sunday, July 31, 2011

you can call me betty...betty crocker.

I've been trying to incorporate more fruit into my diet lately and with the awesome summer produce, it's been pretty darn easy! Unfortunately, though, I've had a few weeks in a row now where I've had to toss out my bananas because the humidity/heat is making them ripen so quickly before I can eat them. Well, it happened again this week (wah wah) and I refused to throw them out again! So I did some Googlin', put on my apron and whipped up a mess in the kitchen! Here's my first attempt at banana bread...


And it's so good!! You can just call me Betty Crocker :) Here's the easy peasy recipe in case you'd like to try it out (and I really like it because it doesn't require  a huge mixer like all the other ones!)

Ingredients...
3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour

How to...
Preheat your oven to 350*. Mix butter and mashed bananas with a wooden spoon in a big bowl. Mix in sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle baking soda and salt over the top and mix. Add the flour last. Pour the mixture into a buttered 4x8 loaf pan (had to purchase that today, ha!). Bake for one hour (but it only took mine about 50 mins). Cool on a rack and enjoy!

say (like Gwen) b-a-n-a-n-a-s!!
katy c. 

No comments: