Wednesday, October 6, 2010

the big d.

i was gonna take a pic of the super-photogenic doughnut, 
but it looked so darn delicious i accidentally 
ate it before i remembered! so all you get is a picture 
of the bag...which i pulled out of the trash can to capture. 
listen! ya got a picture of my foot yesterday, so no complaints!!
The Bostonians love the Dunkin' Donuts, they do. I haven't quite given in to their obsession, but I can see the appeal. I tried it out today to make sure they weren't all brain-washed--good news, they're not. The Dunkin' Donuts are everywhere...like seriously!! Totally inescapable and apparently irresistible. It's like a member of the family around here! It's kinda hilarious! Some of my classmates have personified the entire industry, affectionately referring to it as DD's, DuDo's, Dunk's, Dunkin, Dunkies, the Double D. It's like your favorite uncle...smells like coffee and looks like a doughnut!!

I'm convinced the only reason they're all so head-over-heels in love with The Dunk is because NYC (obviously our biggest, and closest, cool-city competitor) has already staked its claim in the ever-wonderful Starbucks. That's my coffee joint of choice...I walk by about three DD's on my way there, but so worth it. Don't tell my Bostonian pals...they'd never forgive me...

say cheese,
katy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm...... trying to figure out which is your favorite uncle based on your description - smells like coffee and is shaped like a donut.... please dont ever describe your favorite aunt!!!! :)...... love the donut holes from dd - reminds me of high school!!! but we love the caribou coffee up (over) here - not so much the starbucks........ love you and your blogs!! flo

Mitchell said...

I don’t drink coffee – so I KNOW you aren’t talking about me!
As far as not telling the Bostonians … you just did!