Sunday, October 31, 2010

party bus!!

that small black dot is
Gill @ Harvard.
we love the 80's!
scarylicious.

Gillian and I got off to an early start this morning as we were off to explore the city! We went to Cambridge to see Harvard (which, surprisingly, I never get sick of because it's so beautiful--especially now). We wandered around shops and through the cute streets on this brisk fall, Saturday morning. We then hopped on the T and we were off to Faneuil Hall to see the touristy stuff and the harbor, and then to my favorite spots: the Common and the Gardens. We grabbed a quick cab to a cute restaurant called Cafeteria (we were running late for our reservations), and Gill enjoyed some delicious chicken soup and I enjoyed my first lamb hamburger! Both were tasty and the place was retro chic and fun!!

my wonderful city :)


Unfortunately, we had to put her on a plane back home to Georgia, so we did a quick detour by Fenway park and then she was on her way! I then proceeded to scream, holler, jump up + down, and totally annoy Jocelyn by cheering on my bulldawgs! GAH!!!! We were so darn close!! I must say, I'm glad it was interesting this year and that they had to actually fight for it. The commentators weren't horribly biased either (which always drives me insane!!) so it was a fun (and long!) piece of entertainment to have on in the background as I got Halloween'ified.

Jocelyn, Emily and I got costumed for a Halloween party in Somerville (a suburb, like mine, of Boston) that was hosted by one of our classmates, Joanna. Jocelyn went as a goth and Emily and I were dressed as 80's Barbie/workout people. At the party, we were surrounded by adult-sized babies (diapers included), cowgirls, an elf, a smarty pants (the Smarty candy taped on his jeans), and a ping-pong Olympic champion. We even met Fred Flinstone + Mr. Mayhem, the Allstate guy, on the bus back. Characters were strong in numbers tonight, for sure!

It was definitely a refreshing day after all the running around we've been doing lately. The only drawback: now my hair is teased beyond repair and my lips are stained with a God-awful color. Thus, a successful Halloween :)

say cheese,
katy

No comments: