Thursday, October 21, 2010

mommy: i got my flu shot :)

Unfortunately, I don't think I shared with you guys that I got a job! Actually....two jobs! So...praise the Lord!! I started one of them today and I'll begin the other tomorrow!

I will be working at Emerson's Center for Health and Wellness as a receptionist of sorts, in addition to helping with other clerical stuff and helping update some of their communications (like programs and bulletin boards). That's the one I went to today and it was great! I can tell that I will certainly be prepared for that one, thanks in large part to the bank :) They're similar in that I might smell something funny, people may get mad at me for things totally out of my control and I still get to greet people who probably don't want to be talking to me... Ha! BUT the best difference in the two is that at the health center, all the "customers" will have appointments so I will know when the drama is coming instead of being totally taken off guard :) So fabulous!

The other job I've taken is as a research assistant with a professor in Emerson's communication department. I don't have many details on that one yet, except to say that I'm super excited to get to work on a research project with an established professor + to see the project through from beginning to end! Should be interesting....I hope! Per Emerson's rules, I can't work more than 20 hours/week (both jobs combined) so this is the perfect solution to solve money flow/boredom issues....as well as me actually learning something at my job that is also applicable to my future careers (and my resume)! YAY!

The other fabulously fabulous part of my day was my Daddio calling to tell me he has purchased his plane tickets to come visit me for the Thanksgiving holiday!! Katy = waaay-super-over-the-moon excited!! Like, you don't even know  :)  :)  :)

say cheese,
katy

1 comment:

Auntie A. said...

Congrats on the jobs!! Glad your dad is coming up for the holiday, too!