Thursday, October 7, 2010

my brain literally hurts.

no squealing tonight :(
a horrid pic in the washington post from about ten years ago.
it was supposed to encourage you to go...
personally, i would have swiftly run in the opposite direction!
Right now my brain is swirling with details about autism, people's blogs about it, Dateline stories portraying it, if it's treatable/preventable/
curable. So I'm happily taking a break :) I'm certain that some of you would be bored with my paper's details, so I've decided to tell you the three most important things that I have learned in the last nine hours:

1. Jocelyn + I love getting mail. It's seriously like Christmas morning every time we come home to open our mailbox! Granted, the bills + flyers don't interest us as much, but you should hear us gals squeal when there's something special inside :) We're four-year olds.

2. In doing all my paper studying, I remembered a super intelligent, highly wisdom-filled nugget of knowledge from Weiser: Your brain forgets everything if you study for more than an hour at a time! So to all my fellow mid-term haters out there, go take a break every 60 minutes...otherwise you're really just wasting your time!

3. Go get your colonoscopy. Just do it. The prep is not fun, the during is not glamorous and the after can be scary. But you'll save your loved ones a lot of heartache if you'll just suck up your pride now, get a little embarrassed and have a positive turnout than if you had to face the alternative....and if you don't go willingly, this guy will be after you! Mwahahahaha!

say cheese,
katy

1 comment:

Mitchell said...

Um, can you actually use the phrases “get your colonoscopy” and “have a positive turnout” in the same story? Exactly WHAT are you turning OUT? Hmmmm