Tuesday, October 5, 2010

something's afoot...

I had an interview this afternoon (keep those fingers crossed!!) and I looked like the world's biggest nerd on the way there from my house, to the library and back home again. Ya see.....

Today was a pretty chilly, but definitely windy + kinda rainy one in Boston. I got all dolled up for the interview, but since I have the feet of an 89 year-old man (fun fact: Katy's feet are super ghetto and way jacked up), I couldn't wear the cute heels on my way there for fear of blisters, over-working my stupid plantar fascia muscle or my mother screaming at me from more than 1200 miles away for improper foot-handling. Obviously, I needed another pair of shoes for getting from Point A to Point B. Well, apparently I threw away all of ballet flats because they were "worn out" when I moved out of my Athens apartment. (I blame my hoarder-like tendencies--it's just as fun to throw everything away as it is to stockpile it all.) Thus my only options for in-transit shoes today were UGA flip-flops, sandals or tennis shoes. Silly me, I chose the sandals. Wrong choice. My little toes'ies nearly froze to death during my walk home tonight--but they sure did look cute + coordinated well with my ensemble :)
above: super warm + cozy black socks!
(i absolutely can't believe i took a pic of my foot 
for you people...ah, the things you do for those you love.)

After my interview I went to the library (crazy, right?!) to work on my paper (even crazier!!). I switched back out of my heels into my sandals and walked the three'ish blocks from Emerson to Tufts. Well...remember when I told you it was rainy today? And that it was windy, too? You can only imagine how quickly my once curly hair-do turned into a gigantic-frizzy-fro hair-don't. I looked like the evil murdering step-daughter from Legally Blonde!! It was hilarious and it happened post-interview, so what did I care? But the wardrobe narrative doesn't stop there, folks: I couldn't sit in a freezing-cold library for an extended period of time with only sandals on! Luckily, I was using the ole thinker this time and I brought a spare pair of socks with me to keep 'em warm!!

So please, imagine with me if you will, a cute Southern belle with a bee's nest wrapped up on top of her head writing fastidiously in a suit, raincoat and fuzzy black socks. I was quite the knockout. And lucky for those med student boys, I'm still a hot commodity!!

...hmmm....this post took an odd turn for all-things weird and "too much information" somewhere up there...my apologies...it's not like I'm in charge!

say cheese,
katy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are hysterical -- I could picture every bit of this -- you better go find some uggs

ILY Aunt Katy