Saturday, October 9, 2010

TATER TOTS?!?!

basket-o-joy!
TOMAHAWK CHOPPIN!!! Can we talk about how excited I am that Bobby got thrown out...again?! Going out in style, what a classy fella!

I watched the entirety of that game (minus the final home run--UGH!) over my shoulder at a little restaurant/bar called the Lower Depths. Jocelyn and I met some school friends there (the lovely Emily, Susan, Jackie and Liz), shared TWO (yes, two) platters of tater tots, and had some fabulous conversation to end a very studious day. It was a very "cool" place--not a ton of people, not a bunch of old, not a bunch of young, but a good mix. I think a weekly gathering there would suit me just fine! I also tried a pear cider for the first time...and it's definitely going on my list of "ew, gross. no, thank you," unfortunately. My Diet Pepsi and tater tots ended up being fancy enough for me :)
larry, i was there in spirit the whole time!

I don't think it would have much mattered to me or Jocelyn where we went...we were just so excited to be able to get cute and not go to the library or class! Ha! We may have extended our stay a bit too long, though...we missed the final train and got to take a refreshing, scenic walk home...oops :)

say cheese (which would have been lovely over those tater tots, just sayin...),
katy

PS -- Much love to all the fam going to Tech's homecoming tommorrow! I won't go so far as to say "sting 'em" but I do hope that your day is FUN (and that all those maps work out)! I'm there in spirit!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

the walk helped remove a tot or two??? maybe:)

ILY AK