Monday, October 4, 2010

one cream + 2 sugars.

my view of the world for about 6
hours today...i clearly ignored the
"don't use these seats for more
than one hour" sign!
I'm a grad student. I wear over-sized sweatshirts and Birkenstocks...and drink coffee until it's coming out of my eyes. This also means that when fun opportunities to socialize--like, ya know, going to church or to a free improv show at school--I opt out and choose to study and write and drink coffee. All whilst wearing my over-sized sweatshirt.

I've mentioned that I have some pretty significant (both in size and final-grade weight) papers coming due in the next few weeks...so while I can't mark today as one totally filled with ridiculously fun, blog-worthy, picture-appropriate activities, I can (unluckily for you, my precious readers) mark it down as a scholastically-productive one.

Ya see...I got all dolled up--after writing embarrassingly too long in my PJs--to go to church and a super fun show....when all of a sudden out of nowhere (and really much to my surprise), a wonderfully awesome theme emerged in my mind for one of the papers! Let me tell ya, it was quite a beauty. So naturally, I had to act on it fast for fear of it becoming grossly misshaped during the time I'd let my noggin relax...so I ditched the funness and headed to the closest coffee shop! (Author's note: I never thought this would actually happen. I thought it was a big scary myth perpetuated by TV shows like "Felicity"...little did I know, this lameness actually exists. My mother will be so proud!) What can I say, I'm a grad student.
scarf-worthy weather today...my most favorite thing about fall!

But I didn't completely drown in my books today! I kept up with the ever-crucial Braves/Giants situation...so in honor of one of my best friends, Miss Hillary Greene (a lover of all things Braves), today I'm honored to do the tomahawk chop!! And I also thought you'd be interested to know that I closed my windows yesterday which means
a) less noise! Yahooo! and b) it's getting chilly enough outside that the indoors are becoming quite comfy...dum dum duuuuuum!

say cheese,
katy

3 comments:

Auntie said...

SOOOOOO jealous of the fall temps!!

Unknown said...

was afraid you were going to say that -- pretty soon you will wish for those noises:) but it will add to the charm of your experience
ILY Aunt Katy

Anonymous said...

I feel soooooo special!!!!!! I made the blog!!!!!! :) and so did the BRAVES!! Katy.. Listen- you need to be here for the postseason. I need to hold your hand and yell at the television with someone please. I love you so much!
-Hillary