Tuesday, September 7, 2010

mirror, mirror (finally) on the wall!


It's my last day of summer (serious sad face) but I think I wasted it perfectly :)

I spent the majority of the day lounging around reading, kinda applying for jobs, reading, sorta organizing my closet, reading and buying a fun new mirror! While acquiring the mirror didn't go as smoothly as desired (the MBTA Web site told me to get off the T about four stops too early which resulted in my kinda being lost), I was able to explore most of Boston University's campus...and scope out all the right coffee shops to bump into the intellectual (hopefully male) types!

After about an hour of walking/wondering while using Google maps on my Blackberry...and asking other people for directions...and being bumped by Red Sox scalpers...and turning around about four times...I finally found Bed Bath & Beyond! It turns out it was about a block from where the baseball game was yesterday so I knew exactly where I was...once I got there. But lo and behold--they had no black mirrors :( So please excuse my not matching--but hopefully coordinating--bronze'ish mirror. I'm sure you understand that after my "adventure" getting there, I was NOT leaving empty-handed! Ha! Check out the video, though, and let me know whether you think it's a keeper or not!

So long summer!!

say cheese,
katy

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the apartment! and your room! my fav part was Glee playing in the background!
miss you and love you! -mh

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it, Katy! So cute and cozy! Good luck...we miss you already! Blaire and Caitybug

Katy Capers said...

hahaha! i'm so impressed that you recognized it :) some things never change!!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh its perfect -- just like you:)


AK

Anonymous said...

When does playing house stop, and school start? Your decorating is very nice and homey. Love you like my Jackets. Poppa

Anonymous said...

very cute........ and glad you showed us....... glad you are soaking up the whole boston area .... way cool spot.....love you, flo

Nicole Steinke said...

Katy!! I love your blog! but I already told you that. I think you're apartment is super precious, and that mirror looks fabulous. We actually bought a bathroom shelf thing that was "bronze" the other day and it totally looked black...so I think you're good :) miss you friend!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the Glee in the background :) Everything looks so cute!
Catherine