Sunday, September 19, 2010

the town.

one of the awesome old movie posters :)
others included the godfather,  casablanca and cinderella!
Tonight Jocelyn, her boyfriend (David) and I went to the movies! I was stuck inside reading again today (surprise, surprise), so I felt like Annie with Daddy Warbucks when I was able to get out of the house, be social and take in a movie with some friends!

The theater is just across the street from my school but I didn't realize how cool it was until I was inside!! I am totally a nerd, and definitely not a city slicker, but the fact that this movie theater was situated on a city block and thus had escalators was neat-o! There were multiple concession stands, twinkly movie lights all around and old movie posters on the walls. The movie was so so good, but the theater was an amazing experience in and of itself!

We saw The Town, starring and directed by Ben Affleck, and it was sooooo good! Super intense--kinda a lot of blood/shooting--but the plot was very well-developed and, of course, it was set in Boston so that made it even more interesting. It was great to see different sights that I've explored so far right on the big screen! It was even kinda educational because I learned where not to go in Boston so as to...ya know...stay safe :) The characters' accents, their presentation and their "understanding" of what it means to be Bostonian was spot on. A very good movie--well worth the over-priced ticket!

The only problem is that now I know (and have cinematically experienced) that Boston is the bank-robbing capital of the world...and it's making me rethink that whole job interview thing that I have on Tuesday....

say cheese,
katy

3 comments:

Unknown said...

just keep your finger on the button and you will be fine! loved talking to you Sat pm -- did you and CBA ever connect??? LYLMM
Aunt Katy

Mitchell said...

… You need to get out more!!

Katy Capers said...

listen. in the huge town of columbus georgia, our movie theaters are all one level so NO escalators. PLUS, all the theaters i've been to only had posters of upcoming movies--not the classics!! this was seriously the disney world of all movie theaters, jocelyn agreed--and she's from CA!! :)