Sunday, September 5, 2010

the real world. sorta.

Rubbing John Harvard's toe for good luck!
...I'm still kinda in tourist mode.
Today was semi non-eventful, but I still experienced a ton! I'll hit the highlights to keep my promise of succinct'ish posts...

Katy's Real World Tid Bits from 9. 5. 2010:
1. No matter how old you are (and how much Skyping, texting, blogging there may be), saying goodbye to your mom at the airport is really hard. But we put on our big girl panties and sent her on her way!

2. When you're on the phone with the Linksys-wireless-router man--who is yelling at YOU, the customer--sometimes, you just have to bite your lip. After all, you should be happy that you just paid the man $40 to tell you to hit the stinkin' reset button to fix the problem!! Underestimating my IQ + a lecture = what a bargain! (Geez...still struggling to swallow that one.)
 I'm boycotting them, and you should, too!!

3. Harvard is gorgeous. And people really do walk around carrying cellos and lacrosse sticks and crew t-shirts. It's almost too picturesque for words...but I still tried to capture it for ya.

4. Comfy shoes are always a must! Because sometimes it really does take an hour walk to settle on the perfect restaurant with an outdoor patio--in this case, it was Grendel's Den in Cambridge. Without my fave blue shoes, Jocelyn (my roomie) and I might've given in to something as icky as McDonald's!

That's my lesson for today :) Hope you took good notes!! Cheers from Allston!

say cheese,
katy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is tfom? Love it so far. Keep them coming. Also what do I do to print these, I get blank pages. Poppa