Tuesday, September 7, 2010

so good! so good! so good!

Me + Jocelyn about 10 rows down from our seats--
we had a great view!

Today I am officially a Bostonian!

I had a leisurely stroll to the grocery store this morning, an easy 10-block trek on Commonwealth Ave. I was honestly worried about how to acquire groceries when I got here last week because all of my Google-search results consisted of convenience stores with high prices and little produce. But I found a real one--with a crazy legit produce section--right in my neighborhood in Packard's Corner. In addition to the necessities for our pantry, I got a members savings card and bought some cloth bags to save the world! I felt so hip :)
They may not have air conditioners, but they do have grocery stores! Praise the Lord :)

Afterward, Jocelyn and I went to Fenway Park for a Red Sox game. It's just a hop, skip and jump away...and let me tell you, it was a blast!! We had fantastic seats and saw some (rare) Red Sox play: three home runs and a grand slam! It was awesome, to say the least. We even sang "Take Me Out to the Ball Game," saw the Green Monster, ate a Fenway Frank (though mine was technically Italian sausage) and swayed to "Sweet Caroline" at the middle of the 8th inning. And I even did my fair share of hootin' and hollerin' for bad calls/poor play, like the classic Red Sox fan...all those long UGA football days have trained me well!

say cheese,
katy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get you one of those little fold-up flat carts with a basket on it to go to grocery store in your walk about shopping. They go on an off he buses and subway also. And you can put your books in it to go to class.

Love you like my jackets. Poppa