Sunday, September 19, 2010

refreshing.

in the words of rachael ray: "yumm-o!"
Today was a lovely, lazy Sunday up here in ole Bahston. I went to a church service this morning bright-and-early at Ruggles Baptist Church near Fenway Park. It was a small, intimate gathering--maybe 30 people max--and was definitely different than my normal Northside/Wesley/Watkinsville experiences in that aspect. Still, the pastor was passionate, the worship was pure and God was still the same up here as He is down South.....amazingly enough  :)

After church, it was time for  a little grocery shopping and then I lounged around and enjoyed "When Harry Met Sally..." (one of my all-time faves!) which I got for a whole $5!! Awesomeness. I made semi-homemade jambalaya for my and Jocelyn's dinner--super delicious, and we figured out that our kitchen actually does work for more than sandwich making + zapping Lean Cuisines. I guess we'll have to put it to use more often now that we know...

Knocked a little bit more off my school reading list and even gave myself a pedicure  :) Definitely a relaxing and refreshing day to prep for the next few. Hope everyone is excited for (and ready to procrastinate because of) TV's big premiere week which starts tomorrow...grab the popcorn and a loved one, it's gonna be a doozey!

say cheese,
katy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the church up there American Baptist, or Southern Baptist? I am thinking from my time up north, it is not Southern.

Publish your jambalia recipe.

Love you like my yellow jackets. P.

Katy Capers said...

it is ABC -- an american baptist church. it didn't really strike me as much different from the southern baptist churches i've been to, though. and just FYI, i didn't just go there because it had "baptist" in the name...its proximity to my house/start time had a lot to do with my decision :) and the jambalaya recipe that i use is kind of a cheat...it comes out of the zatarain's box (but ya gotta make sure you get low sodium). i just add red + green peppers and sausage/chicken/shrimp depending on what i've got a hankering for!

Anonymous said...

Speaking of TV's premiere week....... GLEE!!!!!!!!!! That is all.
Catherine