Saturday, September 25, 2010

no restroom for non-customers.

I did absolutely no school reading today and it was FABULOUS! I did, however, do a bit of research for a paper coming up about autism and how it is perceived by the public (regardless of that perception being correct or not).

i love the "sorry for any inconvenience" part -- 
as if maybe, just maybe there won't be any 
inconvenience at all! ha, yea right.
I read a ton of blogs by mothers with autistic children and to say that they were fascinating would be an understatement. It was so interesting to see how their experience "waved" from day-to-day--a few posts would be incredibly positive (the child was communicating well, sleeping at appropriate hours, stopping at intersections without a prompt) and then a few posts wouldn't be as exclamation-point or smiley-face filled. I was exhausted just reading them!! If you ever get a chance or want to read a blog that incorporates both the emotional and the academic perspectives of having an autistic child, go read this: http://www.esteeklar.com. Her blog is called "The Joy of Autism" and her perspective of the disease, as well as her writing style, is simply beautiful.

On another note, the water was off at our apartment today for five whole hours (and will apparently be off on Monday, as well) so I  learned how many things I cannot get done without the H2O flowing....so far my "needs water" list is at about 20, which put a big hold on my day's productivity. Whatevs!! At least it's back on...for now...

say cheese,
katy

No comments: