Sunday, September 12, 2010

visually stimulating.

HayReh and I made a trip to Cambridge today...and it was visually stimulating, to say the least!! We took so many fabulous pics that I couldn't choose what to show y'all (it's a contraction, learn how to spell it)...so here's a few :)


These are some super cute chairs that were scattered around Harvard Yard.
People used them for reading, some for lounging, some for playing...

and others for photo shoot'ing :)


"That's a Harvard squirrel."  -- Lora Lei
"Sitting on a Harvard rock."  -- Rory
"Doesn't he look smart?!"  -- Lora Lei


Red velvet + pink lemonade cupcakes to go with our Starbucks.
Going to Harvard is exhausting, ya know!
[Not pictured: my capuccino cupcake...it disappeared rather quickly]


The beautiful Charles River was a wonderful way to end the day!
I gotta make a new friend ASAP who owns a sail boat before all that pretty water turns into a slushie!!




say cheese,
katy

5 comments:

Unknown said...

How cold is it now:) and yes you need to meet a 6'4" cutie with a sailboat!

Katy Capers said...

today's high was like 65*...but between the buildings the wind is SO COLD. i can tell that heavy jackets/scarves are right around the corner....

...and the sail boat is not a requirement, but the 6'4'' definitely is :)

Anonymous said...

Gilmore Girls! Love.
Catherine

Mitchell said...

So what IS the Boston dialect?

BTW – semi funny story (and one you can post for me on the Y’all article of blog) …
Back in 2007 after being in China for 3 trips totaling maybe 12 weeks and after two Chinese ladies being in USA with me for 5 weeks, one of them stopped me one day and said “Help us out, you keep using a word we cannot find in our translation dictionary.” (Meaning, there were many words I used they did not know, but were smart enough to secretly look them up so they could learn better).
I was thinking, “uh oh, what bad word am I using around these ladies?”
I asked what word?
They said “we don’t know this word y’all. You say it all the time”

That followed with a 15 minute discussion of trying to explain the contraction of the two words and explaining it means “all of you – inclusive”
They laughed when finally understood and will occasionally (for my sake) use it in conversation to show they grasped the meaning.

But as hard as I have tried; they never did learn or understand the most important Southern phrase “Y’all come back now, ya hear?” It comes out as “Y’all … comebacknow …. Can you hear me?”

Thanks,

...Mitchell

Blaire said...

It is so beautiful there, Katy! You are so blessed! I am going to have come up there with your Mom...I gotta see it! Love you, Blaire (and Caitlin even though she is already in bed!)